Teledyne RDI’s new Tasman DVL represents the next generation of DVL technology, promising to take your navigation to the next level. With bottom tracking ranges from 0.15m to 420m, in up to 6000m water depths, the Tasman delivers a solid, value-priced solution for vehicles ranging from small ROVs to large diameter AUVs. T
Teledyne RDI’s new Tasman DVL represents the next generation of DVL technology, promising to take your navigation to the next level. Teledyne RDI’s long-standing Workhorse Navigator was the first DVL to enter the market, and remains the gold-standard for precision subsea navigation around the globe. The new Tasman DVL, with its wide array of advanced features, reduced size, and increased range, has been designed to supercede this industry icon with enhanced broadband signal processing and innovative field-replaceable phased array transducer design.
With bottom tracking ranges from 0.15 m to 420 m, in up to 6,000 m water depths, the Tasman delivers a solid, value-priced solution for vehicles ranging from small ROVs to large diameter AUVs.
- Innovative field-replaceable phased-array transducer design delivers enhanced position accuracy at a reduced size, eliminates the need for speed of sound correction, and reduces drag on your vehicle
- Ethernet compatibility allows for plug-and-play with vehicle network interfaces
- Time of validity output for highly accurate coupling with an Inertial Navigation System (INS) further improves your resulting DVL aided INS position accuracy
- Upgradeable to include Acoustic Doppler Current Profiling (ADCP) capability
- Designed as a drop-in replacement for Workhorse Navigator for ease of installation
- Measurements include:
- Estimate of single-ping bottom-track velocity variance for improved Kalman filter integration and data quality estimation
- Bottom track velocity
- Altitude: 4 individual measurements
- Error velocity (data quality indicator)
- Acoustic echo intensity
- Water track velocity
- Current profiling (optional)
The 600 kHz and 300 kHz DVLs combine Teledyne RDI’s proven bottom detection algorithms and single ping bottom location accuracy with its broadband velocity processing technology, providing users with highly reliable precision data for navigation and position processing, even over indeterminate terrain.
Raising the bar:
- Increased Bottom Tracking Range: Our new patent pending technology allows you to bottom track up to 160 m altitude with the 600 kHz DVL, and 420 m with the 300 kHz DVL while delivering the same low power consumption and high accuracy you’ve come to expect from Teledyne RDI.
- Improved Accuracy: The new Tasman DVL offers customers industry- leading velocity accuracies throughout the entire altitude range and with no pre-calibration required.
- Cutting-edge internal sensors
- Transducer Health Monitor: The innovative transducer health monitor provides insight, in near real-time, about the status of the transducer, and alerts the user of potential problems. The health monitor sensor also tracks pressure cycles, maximum pressure, and operating time for quality tracking purposes.
- Leak Sensor: Real-time leak detection monitoring provides peace of mind and strategic decision-making for critical missions.
Do you have questions about this product?
- Questions about price, availability, and/or retailers
- Questions about technical specifications and usage
- Questions about suitability for your project or application
Min. operating depth [m]
Max. operating depth [m]
Min. altitude [m]
Max. altitude [m]
Data Storage & Connectivity
Communication [RS232, USB, Ethernet]
Velocity range [m/s]
Velocity resolution [mm/s]
Temperature, Depth and other Sensors
Operating temperature: min. [°C]
Operating temperature: max. [°C]
Storage temperature min [°c]
Storage temperature max [°c]
Min. external power DC [Voltage]
Max. external power DC [Voltage]
Average power consumption [W]