The Eco current profiler is the first ADCP right-sized and designed specifically for shallow-water measurements. It allows you to measure water velocities in situ, through the water column using the same acoustic Doppler technology as other Nortek instruments, but in a more affordable and easy-to-use package. Simple buoy and bottom-mount solutions are available and designed to fit Eco off-the-shelf. Eco is portable enough to be put in the water from a paddle board or kayak by one person. While the Eco does not feature many of the more complex capabilities of other Nortek instruments, such as wave measurements, turbulence estimation, or echosounder data, Eco does present a host of new, unique capabilities such as no cables or connectors to maintain, smart device support, no software to install, cloud-based data storage and presentation, etc. all in a product that fits in your hand.
- Build your instant proposal in the Eco Webshop to submit to purchasing or buy online
- Self-configuring data collection in various depths and water types
- Seamless current profiles from 30cm to 20m from the instrument
- Weighs only 1 kg in air and is only 13 cm tall
- Built-in battery and inductive battery charger. No cables or connectors!
- Integrated deployment and recovery system available
- Automated data processing to ensure quality data reports with no prior ADCP experience
- Built-in GNSS, temperature, pressure and tilt sensors
- Estuarine studies
- Sediment transport studies
- Studies of tidal currents
- Coral reef studies
- Educational use