Flow Analysis Using Thermal Imaging
A Glance at the Event
- General information about infrared thermography
- Presentation of different infrared camera techniques
- Presentation of different flow types and how to measure them with thermography
- Demonstration of different application possibilities, e.g.
- Aerodynamic optimisation (e.g. aircraft wings or rotor blades of wind turbines)
- Heat management industry (e.g. geometric influences in convection-based cooling systems)
- Environmental research (e.g. weather, wind situations, climate)
- Geological research (e.g. snow and rock avalanches, lava flow)
Guest Speaker from thermography practice
Topic: "A Non-Intrusive Particle Temperature Extraction Methodology Using Infrared and Visible-Image Sequences for High-Temperature Particle Plumes"
Speaker: Jesus D. Ortega, PhD, MSME, MBA from Anderson School of Business and School of Engineering / The University of New Mexico, USA