Export data formats
Smart3DCapture can generate textured triangular 3D meshes in different file formats:
- Smart3DCapture (S3C) - Smart3DCapture’s proprietary format, with compression, dynamic level-of-detail and paging, is optimized for viewing with Smart3DCapture Viewer, our lightweight 3D viewer,
- Portable Wavefront format (OBJ) - A common format that can be loaded by most CAD and 3D software solutions. It only supports single-level 3D meshes,
- OSGB - The native format of the open source OpenSceneGraph library with dynamic level-of-detail and paging,
- A level-of-detail tree exchange format, based on XML files and 3D models in Collada format,
- ASPRS LASer (LAS): public file format for interchange of 3-dimensional point cloud data.
On demand, our team can develop exports to other 3D formats, for seamless integration with a large majority of third-party 3D visualization and processing software.