By Helene Leplomb
Hypack chose the Ellipse-D inertial navigation system to equip their new UAV-based surveying solution: the NEXUS 800. The NEXUS 800 is an out of the box turnkey system that tightly integrates hardware and software to provide an advanced and seamless solution for LiDAR survey planning, data acquisition, post processing and analysis, and product creation.Read more
New UAV-based Surveying Solution: NEXUS 800 equipped with Ellipse-D INS
The NEXUS 800 powered by HYPACK is a full end-to-end solution that represents a new paradigm in Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV) data collection by seamlessly harmonizing LiDAR data with photogrammetry.
Powered by HYPACK-HYSWEEP mapping software, the operator can plan, acquire, and process the LiDAR and Photogrammetry data onboard a high powered Windows PC and high performance UAV allowing for rapid analysis, product creation and export to a variety of CAD and GIS formats.
The NEXUS 800:
• Provides a full GNSS aided inertial navigation system with the Ellipse-D INS
• Visualizes LiDAR return with a 360 degree field of view
• Acquires LiDAR and Photogrammetric data using the powerful and user-friendly HYPACK-HYSWEEP software
• Displays Real-Time photogrammetry and Point Cloud viewing
• Provides Point Cloud and georeferenced photogrammetry correlation via post processing
• Includes an On-board Windows® PC for rapid data processing and product creation
• Allows volume computations and data analyses
• Includes a comprehensive full flight system, training and support
Why Did Hypack choose the Ellipse-D RTK INS?
Ellipse-D is a Dual antenna Inertial Navigation System which embeds an RTK GNSS receiver with post-processing capabilities. Centimeter-level position is crucial for surveying applications while two antennas are important for fast initialization and accurate heading. In addition to its amazing performance, the Ellipse-D has an amazing SWP (small Size - low Weight - low Power) ratio.