GISonLine has performed a comprehensive implementation of GIS system basing on proprietary solution - GRIDonLine. PKP Energetyka S.A. specializes in sale and energy supply to the railway and businesses. It plays a key role in ensuring the correct rail transport throughout the country. Therefore, information about exact location of company’s asset and its condition is crucial across entire enterprise.Read more
The main task of the project was to catalogue the whole asset of more than 20 000 km. The work has been carried out within the 12 months during which a variety of services and supplies has been delivered. They ranged from advisory and consulting services, implementation, cataloguing and inventorying to a quality control of the created database containing current data about the distribution network. The scale and scope of the project, a very short deadline, delivery of licenses and equipment, high quality requirements are just some of the issues that our team faced while developing. Thanks to the knowledge, experience, modern technologies and full involvement of all stakeholders in the project the project was a success within the stipulated time limit. Currently the system is used throughout the enterprise by about 2000 workers. It streamlines operation, development and investment processes and it’s new functionality is under development.
The first stage of the project were consulting and advisory services focused on analytical work during which we have;
• performed audit of the data - Subject of the stage was an analysis of the source data held by the contracting authority, together with an assessment of their suitability, shortcomings and their elimination. The outcome was a repository of data that are the main resource of the data used in the project,
• Developed methodology and procedures for inventorying and distribution assets cataloguing of inventory owned by PKP Energetyka S.A. Together with the customer we have developed a detailed procedure for the field-work realisation, taking into account the scope of the collected data, process of taking pictures of the objects and GPS measurements,
• Developed a methodology for updating the GIS data,
• Developed methodology for quality control of inventoried and catalogued data,
• Developed the data model of electricity GIS system, with the creation of dictionaries of electrical devices,
• Prepared and implemented a dedicated training on the implementation of inventory works and GIS data update in the field for more than 400 workers,
We have catalogued and inventoried the assets of the enterprise. As a result of the works a spatial database was created. It contained the current distribution network of a total length of over 20 000 km. The assets consisted of AC and DC current devices of all voltages. Due to the small amount of source data, short deadline and high quality requirements of the client, work was divided into two stages, each of which was implemented in a specific way.
The first stage of the works was cataloguing of the assets basing on the data held by the contracting authority where the main purpose was to specify the location of the objects along with completing the data.
The second stage was the collection of these missing data by means of field inventory, accurate GPS location measurement and object’s condition photo documentation. On certain sections for getting the most up-to-date information of the network Unmanned Aerial Vehicles were used.